M. Shaun Galovich
M. Shaun Galovich
Since joining Wagstaff LLP in 2009, M. Shaun Galovich has represented numerous clients in both transactional and litigation matters across the State of Texas in a range of practice areas including easement negotiation, right-of-way acquisition, commercial litigation, oil and gas disputes, and personal injury suits.
Mr. Galovich’s transactional practice includes right-of-way and easement negotiations for electric utilities, water service corporations, and common carrier pipelines, as well as the representation of local landowners. In addition, Mr. Galovich also regularly assists clients with business formation, mergers and acquisitions, and employment law matters.
Mr. Galovich’s practice involves appearing in Federal District Court, Texas State District Courts, and various Texas agencies throughout Big Country and the Rolling Plains on a variety of criminal and civil matters including criminal defense, real property, contract disputes, land trespass issues, eminent domain litigation, family law, guardianships, and other civil litigation.
In recognition of his accomplishments, Mr. Galovich was named the 2015 Outstanding Young Lawyer by the Abilene Young Lawyer Association. Mr. Galovich has also served as the President of the Abilene Bar Association and the Big Country Criminal Defense Lawyer Association.
- Criminal Law
- Energy/Public Utility
- Eminent Domain
- Firearms Licensing/Regulation/Acquisition
- Environmental/Natural Resources
- Municipal Law
- Business Law
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. cum laude – 2008
- Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas
- B.S. – 2000
- Texas, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1988
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- Oklahoma, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar Association
- Abilene Bar Association
- Abilene Young Lawyers
- Big Country Criminal Defense Lawyer Association