Darrell W. Moore
Darrell W. Moore
Darrell W. Moore has more than thirty-five years’ experience practicing law, primarily representing electric utility companies and related businesses. Mr. Moore’s utility related representation has encompassed regulatory, real estate, eminent domain, telecommunications, engineering, procurement and construction, energy sales, interconnection, acquisition and transfer aspects of electric generation, transmission and distribution systems in Texas and the Midwest.
Mr. Moore has assisted his clients in the acquisition of the necessary easement, right-of-way and fee interests for more than twenty-five hundred miles of electric distribution and transmission lines and associated facilities. In the course of such representation, he has handled to completion several hundred eminent domain proceedings.
Mr. Moore represents both renewable energy developers and landowners in connection with various aspects of renewable energy development. Mr. Moore also represents many business and individual clients in banking, real estate, business formation, commercial transactions, purchase and sale and liability matters.
Mr. Moore is a native of Matador, Texas, and has been with Wagstaff LLP since graduating from Baylor University Law School in 1983. Mr. Moore has been the Managing Partner of Wagstaff LLP since January 1, 1997, and is licensed in Texas and Oklahoma.
- Public Utility
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Transactions
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. – 1983
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.S. magna cum laude – 1980
- Texas, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1988
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- Oklahoma, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Abilene Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Junior League of Abilene, Community Advisor
- Abilene Crime Stoppers
- Board of Directors, Goodwill West Texas, 2004-2010
- Chairman, 2008-2009
- Wylie Independent School District
- Board of Trustees, 2004-Present